Near Global Coverage for Critical Information
The LinkStar-STX3 satellite radio is the next generation in simplex based
communications powered by Globalstar™, the world’s most modern satellite network. Globalstar has reduced the size of its Simplex Transmitter Unit (STX2) by 2/3 allowing for a compact, low power design and efficient communications. Using the Globalstar Simplex data network, the LinkStar-STX3 allows information to be transmitted from areas well beyond the reach of reliable cellular coverage around the globe, in near space, and in low Earth Orbit!
The LinkStar-STX3 provides opportunities to integrate satellite connectivity into products used for vehicle and asset tracking, remote data reporting and data logger reporting that have limited size requirements. Affordable pricing, low power consumption and its small size make the LinkStar-STX3 satellite transmitter a highly efficient device ready for integration in a wide variety of applications.
The LinkStar-STX3 uses the Globalstar STX3 module, a low cost, simplex module which sends one-way data messages via the Globalstar Simplex Network when integrated into a tracking or monitoring device. The LinkStar-STX3 is ideal for delivering remote sensing, tracking and monitoring applications on the ground, in the air, near space and in Low Earth Orbit.
Advantages and Features
• Increases reliability through multiple transmissions
• Global coverage
• Low power consumption
• Standard radio is a BeagleBone cape designed to work with the BeagleBone Black, allowing for immediate development, testing, and use!
• Development APIs for the STX3 module, GPS and other components!
• Surface mount design - custom boards can easily developed to meet a range of demanding applications.
• Versatile use: LinkStar-STX3 can be integrated for use in a wide range of applications including satellites, near space payloads, liquid petroleum gas (LPG) tanks, water tanks, pipelines, electricity, meters, cars, trucks, boats and sea or land containers
The LinkStar-STX3 is the ONLY Globalstar Certified AND FCC Part 25 Certified STX3 radio system for use with a range of externally SMA connected antennas.
Coverage Map (dark areas)
In Space, coverage area is near global!
The LinkStar-STX3 has a wide range of uses. Pictured on the left is the LinkStar-STX3 with an atmospheric environment sensor integrated by the user; note every LinkStar-STX3-ME includes magnetic attach antennas for the radio and the GPS. In the center picture the LinkStar-STX3 is integrated with a Pelican Case™ for field monitoring. The picture on the right shows the LinkStar-STX3 and LinkStar-SD duplex radios being used for a high altitude balloon flight! ALL LinkStar systems include easy to use Python APIs, GPS access APIs, tools to write and store your custom data, and the QuickSAT/VMS web interface.