LinkStar is a complete duplex satellite radio system powered by Globalstar™, the world’s most modern satellite network with a great added feature: the NovAtel OEM719 GPS for accurate tracking. The heart of the LinkStar radio system is the Globalstar GSP-1720 that provides Direct Connect Internet, Dial-up Internet or Remote Terminated Data sessions and asynchronous computer to computer connectivity for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications. These options provide communication lines with land, marine, air, near space, and space-based equipment, while complementing mobile and stationary field solutions. Whether mobile or stationary, the GSP-1720 helps you monitor, control or track assets remotely through the Globalstar satellite network – affordably, reliably and with low-power requirements.
The LinkStar Duplex Radio System is a complete package including the GSP-1720, industrial BeagleBone Black, wiring harness, serial communications interface, development case to house the unit, and A/C power adapter. To get operational immeditely we also provide the QuickSAT/VMS server enviroment including web tools and MySQL based database to run on your server.
NOTE - for those looking at Small Satellite applications, the LinkStar Duplex Radio System is an EXCELLENT engineering model and test bed for your satellite. Unit can be upgraded for use in space for a fee. Or data can be easily transfer from your engineering model to your flight model.
ADVANTAGES AND FEATURES
• Flexible integration for a range of platforms and vehicles
• Full internet communications - your vehicle or ground location becomes a node on the internet!
• Low power consumption
• Flight and Space Qualified
• Compatible with Linux, Windows and MacOS
• Compatible with a range of flight computers
• Space and Near Space vehicles: includes QuickSAT/VMS, a complete flight management system, plus data and command synchronization and communications. Customer command sets and APIs can be easily integrated.
• Versatile use: LinkStar can be integrated for use in a wide range of applications including satellites, near space payloads, liquid petroleum gas (LPG) tanks, water tanks, pipelines, electricity, meters, cars, trucks, boats and sea or land containers
User must purchase a data plan to activate the LinkStar Duplex Radio System.
LinkStar Duplex/OEM719 Bundle for Space
LinkStar Duplex Radio System Includes
- Communicator software
- QuickSAT/VMS Management System
- NovAtel OEM719 GPS with antenna
- GAT-17PP Passive Antenna
- Antenna Cables
- Wiring Harness
- Industrial BeagleBone Black Computer w/serial adapters
- Developer housing
- A/C Adapter
- MicroUSB to USB cord
Transmit: 1610 MHz – 1626.5 MHz
Receive: 2483.5 MHz – 2500 MHz
Accurate to 10m
MAXIMUM TRANSMIT POWER
+31dBm EIRP (passive antenna), +34 dBm (active antenna)
DIGITAL POWER SUPPLY OPERATIONAL VOLTAGE
4.7 to 5.1 Volts
TEMPERATURE RANGE - Module Environment Conditions
Operational: -22ºF to +140ºF (-30 to +60ºC), humidity 5% - 95% (under 40°C)
Non-Operational: -40ºF to +185ºF (-40°C to +85ºC), humidity 5% - 100% (under 40°C)
FCC, IC, CE, ANATEL
Operates over the Globalstar™ Mobile Data Network
Modified Industrial BeagleBone Black
Debian Linux, QuickSAT/VMS, MySQL, Apache, PHPMYADMIN, Python, PHP, Javascipt, HTML5, C, C++, Bash
4 GB plus microSD port
I2C (2), USB, UARTS (3), GPIO (32), GND, Analog In (7), 3.3V
STX3, GPS (NMEA) AdaFruit and NovAtel 6XX and 7XX series, Serial Communications, I2C, BMP Sensor
View data stored in the on board database through the QuickSAT/VMS interface
CSV, Excel, SQL, PDF
Plot up to 4 numerical valued measurements including GPS data on one graph. Export graphs to PNG, JPG, PDF, SVG